The drywall and glass door is up! This is the new enclosure around the stairway that leads from the workshop to the master bedroom. Today we'll be patching, sanding, & painting it!
Turns out there was 6 layers of wallpaper on these walls!!! Can you believe that? One was uglier than the next. A real early one was very very pretty but there was no saving it. Peeling took the better of 2 days and we're still not done in this one room! The walls underneath are plaster with horsehair. We are going to put a skim coat of plaster tinted with fabulous natural pigments. More on that when we start that project!
This is some of the beautiful premium pine boards that we got for flooring in the workshop room. Brian found them on an awesome deal at the lumber yard-- they were $2 a piece which came out to less than 75 cents a square foot. Definitely the least expensive and the nicest option that we found (and we looked really really hard!) It should be going down this week!!!